Web Accessibility London 2011 Unconference (a11yLDN)
Next Wednesday (21st September 2011) the second annual Web Accessibility London 2011 Unconference (a11yLDN) will be held at City University.
Within the wider pan-disability context, the event will have a special focus on cognitive impairments and mental health issues, as provisions for web accessibility to serve this large population are scarce.
Speakers and topics range from:
- Dr David Sloan from Dundee University speaking about "Older people and web accessibility: not as straightforward as you might think it is?";
- Dr Jonathan Hassell from Hassell Inclusion talking about "Providing better scaffolding – what you need to know about how BS8878 affects you", and;
- Keynote from Sandi Wassmer entitled, "Does anyone know the way to Web Accessibility Utopia?".
- Sandi's Keynote on Slideshare:http://www.slideshare.net/SandiWassmer/does-anyone-know-the-way-to-web-accessibility-utopia-9396291
- Event Website: http://a11yldn.org.uk/
- Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2011/a11yldn